Rooibos teas, naturally caffeine-free, is an herbal infusion made from a South African bush. It’s loaded with antioxidants, and studies show it reduces tension, irritability and headaches – all key components linked to insomnia.
Other Benefits of Rooibos
- Rooibos tea is used for its anti-inflammatory and anti-allergic properties. Consumption of rooibos tea may relief fever, asthma, insomnia, colic in infants and skin disorders.
- Rooibos extracts are used in ointments against eczema.
- In South Africa it is very common to give rooibos tea to babies who suffer from stomach cramps (colics).
- Rooibos is the only known source of the phytochemical aspalathin.
- The low level of tannins in rooibos will prevent problems with iron absorption.
- Rooibos tea contains flavonoids which act as antioxidants
- Rooibos is completely pure and natural, as it contains no additives, preservatives or colorants.
- Rooibos can strongly be recommended for people suffering from irritability, headaches, disturbed sleeping patterns, insomnia, nervous tension, mild depression or hypertension, as it contains no caffeine and has a soothing effect on the central nervous system.
- Stomach and indigestive problems like nausea, vomiting, heartburn, stomach ulcers and constipation can be relieved by drinking naturally caffeine-free Rooibos.
- Rooibos has a soothing effect on the skin, relieving itching and certain skin irritations like eczema, nappy rash and acne when directly applied to the affected area.
- Rooibos is a soothing drink for people on a calorie restricted diet.
- The effect of free radicals (a by-product of normal cell function) in the process of aging and declining of the immune system is limited by the anti-oxidants in Rooibos.
- Rooibos also supplements the daily amounts of calcium, manganese and especially fluoride, needed for the development of strong teeth and bones.
- Rooibos contains zinc and alpha-hydroxy acid, which promotes a healthy skin and magnesium which is necessary for a healthy nervous system.
- Since Rooibos contains no oxalic acid it can be drunk freely by people suffering from kidney stones.
- Rooibos is an all day drink which can be used as a pick-me-up in the morning, a superb thirst-quencher during the day and at night it helps you to relax and sleep well.
Read more research on Rooibos from the South Africa Rooibos Council.
2013 © Texas Gold Tea Marketing By Zip, LLC